Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Humorous Adventure Trip Through Communist Eastern Europe and Turkey

.
.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS & DEDICATIONS

None. That's right, no acknowledgments. This is all mine I'll have you know. Each grammatical error, spelling mistake and politically incorrect statement; every time I wrote naughty and disgusting things, it’s all me, it’s all as I saw it.

I don't have to acknowledge anyone.“A dedication maybe?” I thought about it and decided against it. I never read that bit in a book anyway. You know - the bit where the author lists everyone in his family and then drops names he thinks readers might have heard of. If I was to dedicate or acknowledge I guess it would be to Raelene, our trusty Mercedes Benz 207D campervan which was already 10 years old when we started out from Frankfurt and after nearly 80,000 kilometres it/ she had only cost us $27 in repairs. But, I mean, you can’t dedicate a book to an inanimate object can you? Can you? Oh what the hell. I hereby acknowledge and dedicate this book to Raelene, temporary home, fun platform, peasant observation deck, shelter from the storm, hide from which to spy on topless young ladies (when my wife wasn’t in) and..Oh yes – transport.

And thank you to all the guys at the Mercedes Benz factory for putting Raelene together so well, and the people who made the screws used to hold Raelene’s dashboard on and the people who made the comfortable drivers seat and…..I could go on and on. There was that Polish guy at the Bulgarian border who sold me a whole bag full of marijuana for only 50 bucks. That really brightened up an otherwise grey country that had little else going for it.

No comments: